Saturday, September 15, 2012

Emily Dickinson, the Movie?


Indeed. Coming soon - "A Quiet Passion."

From a story in the Hollywood Reporter...

"I wrote the screenplay with Cynthia in mind," Davies said. "It was the kind of dream casting you hope for. I never, for a moment, imagined my wishes would materialize. Cynthia has such a strong feeling for the work -- and now she is our Emily Dickinson. I’m over the moon."

Sol Papadopoulos and Roy Boulter from Hurricane Films, producers of Davies' acclaimed documentary Of Time and the City, will produce A Quiet Passion.

"When I read what Terence had written, I was consumed by the character he had so beautifully put on the page," Nixon about the role. "Emily Dickinson’s words and Terence’s somehow dovetail to create a heady elixir. When I put the script down, I knew it was a story that I simply have to be part of."

No comments: