Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ken Kesey Remembered, By His Mom


Ken Kesey, author of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, died 10 years ago - and his 95-year-old mother has expressed regret for not giving him credit for his great writing.

From a piece in the Telegraph...

Kesey, the author of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, died on 10 November 2001, aged 66, after complications following surgery to remove a liver tumour. His mother has given a touching interview about her son to the Register newspaper saying she regretted not showing him as much appreciation as she could have while he was alive.

"When the books came out, they were not red-letter days for me. They should have been. But I didn't appreciate all that he had put into those books. I didn't appreciate how famous they were going to become. I never gave him credit for all he accomplished and he knew I didn't," she told interviewer Bob Welch.

No comments: