Monday, June 23, 2008

Jon's Writing in Art Lies


In the most recent issue of Art Lies: A Contemporary Art Quarterly, you'll find a review I did of a Charles LaBelle show that was up at the Lawrimore Project in Seattle.

It was rather fascinating, the show. And it was fun doing an art review never having had any formal knowledge in regards to, well, reviewing art. Certainly, I appreciate art. Some of my favorite memories of traveling include seeing a room full of William Blake artwork at the old Tate Gallery in London, wandering around the odd and fascinating Dali Museum in Figueras, Spain, standing in front of a Hieronymus Bosch triptych all alone in a small museum in Lisbon, and seeing a Cezanne painting in Paris whose facsimile has been hanging in my mom's dining room since I can remember.

Hopefully I can review more art in the near to distant future, if not for Art Lies (though I'd like to continue writing for them, no doubt), for other arts-minded publications.

No comments: