Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just Returned from Victoria, British Columbia


So, me and my daughter just got back from Victoria, a beautiful, quaint little city on Vancouver Island. We had a wonderful time, full of High Tea at the Empress Hotel, buskers along the Inner Harbour and a visit from Queen Victoria at the Parliament Building. I don't know if anything will come, writing-wise, from my visit, but I immediately thought of a short story.

My daughter and I visited Miniature World. It's a museum devoted to, well, miniature scenes, such as the Battle at Midway, Bull Run, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Circus World, "Land of Dickens," Charles that is, that sort of thing. Anyway, my idea for a short story (though I haven't fleshed it out quite yet) - little people visiting Victoria stumble into Miniature World and many tourists think they're part of the entertainment. Mayhem ensues. Bloodshed!

Yes, it's great visiting new places. Who knows what sorts of stories are created or can be created by a simple change of scenery?

No comments: